- Schedule Info
- University of Lethbridge
- Lethbridge’s Learning Centre MOOC site
- sli.do Tweets and Questions
Challenges to MOOCs
- Less than 17% completion rate, how is larger completion rate achieved?
- How do you build the support structure?
- How do you keep people engaged?
- How do you get beyond just lecture to thousands of people?
- How do you access anything outside of multiple choice questions? Writing based assessment?
- What are the best incentives for MOOCs?
- How can MOOCs keep the attention of students who are easily distracted? How can we make sure students realize that even though it’s online, it’s still a class?
- What is the new pedagogy for MOOCs and online education?
- MOOCs are not democratizing education at all. Only people with internet can use them, so it’s only making the gap bigger!
What is the business model? How can MOOCs earn revenue to cover their costs? How can you facilitate one on one interaction with students?
- How can we train instructors to make sure that their MOOC lectures are as high quality as they are in-person?